Learning & Development Consultant
Having worked in Financial Services from 1990 to 2016 and Managing / Leading / Teaching / Mentoring both individuals and teams since 1995 I pride myself on my ability to adapt to change.
Customers and Colleagues’ perception and needs are always my main focus and this ethos is encompassed in everything that I do or pursue. The coaching and leadership skills I have utilised during my tenure in the industry have augmented my development, resulting in the enormous success I have enjoyed as a Leader and Manager.
My unique skill set, coupled with a wealth of experience and a pragmatic approach, allows me to provide coaching that focusses on achieving growth, sustainability and performance improvement for customers and employees.
I am adept at gauging the needs of both individuals and teams and adapting styles to challenge, support and facilitate progress.
The approach that I adopt for training is that it should be fun and engaging but above all be relevant and practical. I am a firm believer in Confucius’ theory of “I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand.”
Organisations worked with:
Clients include the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM), Chartered Management Institute (CMI) – Communities First, Civil Service, ACT Training, Large Retail Outlets, London Corporate Training, NHS Trusts, Community Wellbeing Coaches (CWC) as well as the Workers Education Association (WEA) and an array of training providers across the UK and internationally. Various financial services companies – UK and overseas based (Dubai and America). Local business located in Wales and the South West of England – consultancy and mentoring facilities.
• Training, coaching and developing people and teams
• Training course development and blended delivery for corporate executives, senior management as well and front line staff on a large, small and individual plenary basis.
• People and relationship management
• Customer service and innovation of technology
• Decision making capabilities and advice to the executive committee within a huge large corporate financial organisation.
• Leadership and mentoring – managed highly successful financial services regulated teams and coached, lead and mentored highly successful individuals. I am a Fellow of the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) and also the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and regularly deliver training and coaching from these principles across a range of clients UK wide.
• Innovative and passionate – able to forward plan and use my vision with the reality of the product to make it happen. Delivery driven by my passion for success
• Personal Efficiency and time management.
Education and Professional Qualifications
• Mortgage approval mandate – approval limit £500,000 (from 1996 to 2007)
• Retail Achievement Award – project consultant in 1999 for the ESP (Enhanced Sales Performance) project
• Financial Planning Certificate 1, 2 and 3 1999 – 2001
• Ce-Map – Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice – bridge qualification 2001
• Sales Skills 1 and 2 November 2002
• Advanced Ce-map 2003
• Accelerated Learning April 2005
• Career Level 2 coaching and management January 2005
• Managing Relationships February 2005
• Licensed Recruiter – 1995
• Business Planning and Strategy Implementation January 2006
• High Performance Coaching March 2009
• Performance Management March 2010
• Diploma in Mortgage Advice and Practice level 4 (New Dip-Map qualification 2012)
External Professional Qualifications
• Fellow of the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) – 2016
• Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) – 2017
• Teaching Essential Skills and Awareness – Level 1 – 2013
• Ancient History – 60 academic credits for T215 under the OU banner – 2012
• Rugby Coaching Certificate – TAG, level 1, 2 & 3 – pre-season conditioning and fitness being my specialty – 2004
• As level in Psychology – 2004
• ECDL – European Computer Driving License – 2001
• Certificate of Education (Level 5) – Teaching Certificate (CertEd) via Gorseinon College – 2000
• N V Q Competence framework – internal assessor of the competency framework D32 and D33 awards – 1999